Table of Contents
Getting Acquainted with User Management Features
The People & Spaces feature is how you can organize your users, clients, or teams into sub-accounts with access to specific screens & content.
The Roles feature is how you can assign users specific permissions in your account, such as being able to edit screens or view billing information.
With these features, you can:
Invite new People (users) to your Fugo account
Assign People (users) to specific Spaces (collections of screens, content, and media)
Set user-specific permissions with varying degrees of access to assets in your account such as playlists, screens, channels, dashboards, & billing
Create Spaces (sub-accounts) to organize the assets belonging to your network of clients (this is handy for resellers & affiliates)
People: Invite Users To Your Fugo Account
People is where you can invite & manage an unlimited number of users to your Fugo account. You can add users, then assign them to a Space (i.e. a sub-account organized by team, department, branch, or so forth.)
You can manage all users & those with access via SSO (Single Sign-On) from this section of your Fugo account.
How To Invite People To Fugo
1. Once you’ve registered for a Fugo account, you are ready to start adding collaborators. If you haven’t registered, you can sign up for a 14-day free trial here.
2. Log into Fugo. Then go to https://www.fugo.ai/app/account/people-and-teams
3. You can get to the People & Spaces tab in your account at any time by clicking on the green Account icon in the top right corner of the CMS, then selecting Account from the drop-down menu.
4. From here, click the purple New button to begin adding users to your account.
5. Select Invite Person from the drop-down menu.
6. Enter the email address of the person you want to invite.
7. Pick the Space you want to invite them to (you can jump to the Spaces section to read more on creating Spaces.)
8. Pick the Role you want to assign them to (you can jump to the Roles section to read more on creating Roles.)
9. Click the Invite button in the lower right-hand corner to send them an email invite to Fugo.
Sending an invite will trigger an automatic email to be sent to the end-users' inbox with a link to sign up to the account you’ve created in Fugo. Note that the link will expire after 7 days.
⚠️ If your end user is struggling with receiving Fugo emails, contact email@example.com for help.
Once you’ve sent the invitation, you will see your end user listed under the space you’ve invited them to:
Spaces: Manage Screens, Content & Media Between People
Spaces is where you can manage and create separate teams in your Fugo account. They are collection of screens, playlists, channels, dashboards, and media available to a specific group of users. For example, if you have an office in New York and another in London, you can create Spaces individually for each location to manage content, screens, and data for each respectively.
This feature also comes in handy for resellers & integrators who have a network of clients and want to keep all of their content and screens organized into separate sub-accounts.
How To Create & Manage Spaces
1. Log into Fugo. Then go to https://www.fugo.ai/app/account/people-and-teams
2. You can get to the People & Spaces tab in your account at any time by clicking on the green Account icon in the top right corner of the CMS, then selecting Account from the drop-down menu.
3. From here, click the purple New button to begin adding Spaces to your account.
4. Select New Space from the drop-down menu.
5. Give a name to your Space. For example, you can create a "London" space specific for users added to your account that are part of your London-based team. You can follow this for any locations, teams, and departments respectively. Click the purple Add button.
6. You will now see your new Space listed in your account. You can remove a Space any time by clicking the three-dot menu & selecting Remove.
7. Once you’ve created your Spaces, you can switch between them from the Account icon in the top-right corner of the CMS.
💡 Note: at this time users can only be added to one Space. Only users who are not assigned to a Space can use the “Switch Spaces” feature. If you would like to grant your end-users permission to switch between Spaces, the way to do that is to not assign them a Space when you invite them to your account.
Roles: Manage User Permissions
Roles is where you can manage and access permission roles for each type of user you add to your account. This helps you keep track of the user permissions you've granted easily by keeping them sorted in groups pertaining to each type of permission available in Fugo.
You can create different Roles with permissions according to job titles, responsibilities, management, or location based on your preference for each. For example, you can create a Marketing role with editing permissions for media & studio content (but without access to editing screens.) Or you can create a Billing role with access only to payment information.
Roles in Fugo are not predetermined or named, so you can granually create & name the Roles yourself however you see fit for your organization.
These are currently the permissions you can assign:
View studio content
Edit studio content
Upload & remove media
View People and Spaces
Invite/remove People and Spaces
Assign role to user
How To Assign Permissions
1. Log into Fugo. Then go to https://www.fugo.ai/app/account/roles
2. You can get to the Roles tab in your account at any time by clicking on the green Account icon in the top right corner of the CMS, then selecting Account from the drop-down menu.
3. From here, click the purple Create Role button.
4. Give your Role a name. Then use the toggle buttons to set the permissions you want this role to have. For example, I’ve created a "Marketing" Role for the members of my creative team who I want to be able to create and publish content in Fugo, but not be able to edit any screens or billing information. So I’ve toggled on & off permissions accordingly:
5. Click Add new role when you are done.
6. Your new Role will now show up on your Roles tab. You can remove a Role any time from the 3-dot menu, or click the arrow to show & edit the permissions for that role.
💡 Pro Tip: You can change a user’s role any time by going to your People & Spaces tab. Find the user, click the 3-dot menu, and select Change Role.
If you have any additional questions on People, Spaces, and Roles, or any other questions or feedback about Fugo, feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.